This recipe for fun and easy Mini Chocolate Whoopee Pies takes two mini moist, soft, and fluffy chocolatey cookies studded with mini chocolate chips and sandwiches them with a marvelous sweet vanilla cream cheese filling in the middle!
Sabías (Did you know) that Americans buy more than 58 million pounds of chocolate on Valentine’s Day every year!! AY YA YAAAY! Crazy, right!?! Don’t get me wrong because by no means am I complaining! In fact I think I alone make up a huge part of that statistic!
These suave (soft) decedent double chocolate whoopee pies are just the thing you’ll need to satisfy any and all chocolate cravings! Not convinced?!? I have put together cuatro (four) fun chocolate facts that will justify eating all some of these…
- Chocolate releases the same chemical into your body that is produced when you start to fall in love.
- Chocolate provides a more intense mental high and gets your heart pounding more than besar (kissing) does.
- Eating just una (one) chocolate chip can give you enough energy to walk 150 feet!
- Chocolate makes you feliz (happy)! It is a natural form of an anti-depressant.
100 lbs of chocolate are eaten in the U.S. every second…are you doing your part??
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ½ c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. salted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine chocolate cake mix, shortening, and eggs. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined. Gently fold in the mini chocolate chips. Roll the batter (about 1 teaspoon) into dime size balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes and cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese filling: Place the softened cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Add the vanilla and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time allowing the powdered sugar to completely be mixed in before adding the next cup.
- To assemble the whoopee pies: Place a large dollop of the cream cheese filling on the bottom side of one of the mini chocolate cookies. Top with the bottom side of another mini chocolate cookie. Repeat the process until all the cookies are gone.