A rich, bold, and unique cup of coffee complimented with a homemade sweet and creamy dulce de leche creamer then topped with fresh whipped cream will make a cup of coffee good enough for dessert or to simply spark a great sobremesa moment.
Dinner was finishing and the house was suddenly quiet. Everyone was settling in for the evening. My pan dulce craving had gotten the best of me. Rummaging through the unknown kitchen at my tia’s (aunt’s) house my prima (cousin) offered to join me and continued to pour me a complimenting comforting cup of coffee. The casual chatter began through the pan dulce and coffee. I learned many great things about my abuelo (grandfather) that night. My paternal abuelo (grandfather) had passed away many years ago. Through this sobremesa moment with my prima (cousin) I was able to learn he was an amazing, patient, funny, and outgoing man. I couldn’t be more grateful for this amazing life-changing moment.
What is a sobremesa moment? A sobremesa is “to casually linger on, after the main meal of the day, drinking coffee and/or liquors and chatting.” Sobremesa moments always bring happiness and meaningful connections. A mesa (table) isn’t necessarily needed to have a sobremesa moment. These moments can happen after any and all types of meals and snacks! The simple moments in life that we enjoy and share with our friends and family can bring us SO much happiness and NESCAFÉ Clásico wants to encourage everyone to have a sobremesa moment over a rich cup of their unique and bold coffee. Click HERE to check out their sobremesa YouTube video!
This dulce de leche coffee uses NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™ which is 100% pure coffee, made from a blend of selected coffee beans, carefully roasted to capture its full flavor and aroma. This sweet creamy dulce de leche coffee is topped off with a dreamy fluffy homemade whipped cream. This dulce de leche coffee is a perfect way to spark a sobmremesa moment.
NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™ urges us to continue the conversation with our friends and family. Check out their facebook page HERE to get more information. Sobremesa moments have proven to be meaningful moments. What’s your most recent sobremesa moment? Share this moment on your social media channels and don’t forget to tag NESCAFÉ® CLÁSICO™ @NESCAFELatino and use the hashtag #MomentoNESCAFE!
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ c. half and half
- ½ c. dulce de leche
- 2 c. water
- 3 tsp. NESCAFÉ Clásico
- To make the whipped topping: In a large bowl combine heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, approximately 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the dulce de leche creamer: In a small microwavable bowl combine half and half and dulce de leche. Heat in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and whisk until the dulce de leche has melted completely into the half and half. Set aside.
- To make the dulce de leche coffee: Bring 2 cups water to a boil over high heat in a medium stockpot. Add the 3 tsp. NESCAFÉ Clásico and mix well. Add the dulce de leche mixture and mix well.
- Serve immediately topped with the fresh whipped cream.