This recipe for Double Chocolate Banana Pancakes makes for flawless fluffy chocolate pancakes that are loaded with chocolate chips and ripe bananas complimented with a hint of cinnamon that will give the right start to any day for any age!
The warmth from the bright sol (sun) was picture-perfect as the fluffy white clouds that resembled cotton candy gently floated across the cielo (sky). The seats on the crowded verde (green) bus were all occupied as everyone patiently waited for their stop to arrive. The reckless driver on the bus zoomed through the car lined streets weaving in and out of traffic as if he were driving a tiny race car. The echoes of screeching llantas (tires) and a roaring engine wailed into the cielo (sky) until the bus came to an abrupt rest. Confusion arose as the buildings began to be plucked from the earth uno por uno (one by one). Cars were flung fiercely across the never-ending piercing blue cielo (sky) precisely dodging the green bus. Suddenly a dark shadow cast over the bright yellow warming sol (sun). WAIT! LOOK! A DINOSAUR!?!?!
Being the mom of boys means lots of adventures, dirt, and imagination! Every day brings a new adventure and Nesquik® allows kids the right start to live each day to its fullest potential. Nesquik® brings 7 essential vitamins and minerals with NO artificial colors or flavors!!
These double chocolate banana pancakes start by adding Nesquik® to the batter to create an irresistible chocolate pancake full of essential vitamins and minerals. Sprinkle in some chocolate chips and add a sweet ripened banana and you will have everyone racing to the mesa (table) for an amazing breakfast that will jump start the day!
Every day is an adventure and getting the right start is of the upmost importance! As far as those innocent Lego men on that green bus?!?!!? Thankfully Capitan America and Thor just so happened to be nearby!
- 2 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Nestlé® Nesquik® Chocolate Powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ½ c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- Sliced Bananas
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, Nesquik®, cinnamon and mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Place peeled ripe banana in a medium bowl. Mash until the banana is smooth with no lumps. Add the milk, egg, and vanilla and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the milk and banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently until the ingredients are well combined. Batter will be a bit lumpy. Fold in the melted butter.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Drop pancake batter by ½ cupful onto the heated and greased griddle or skillet. Cook until bubbles form and pop and pancakes are lightly brown around the edges, approximately 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with sliced bananas, mini chocolate chips, and syrup.