This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Colgate-Palmolive. All opinions are mine alone. #FusionClean #CollectiveBias
This recipe for Chilaquiles with Warm Tomato Jalapeño Salsa makes for an amazing meal with crispy golden fried corn tortillas complimented with onions then mixed with spicy warm tomato jalapeño salsa then topped off with eggs, cilantro, sour cream, and queso fresco.
He woke us up particularly early which was strange on a school morning. We were rushed into the kitchen where the ingredients were meticulously laid out. He began to carefully detail out the instructions. Primero, las tortillas (first, the tortillas), he began. Segundo, la cebolla (second, the onion). Tercero, el huevo (third, the egg). It was uncomplicated. The recipe was effortless and breakfast was quickly underway. A la otra vez, los pueden hacer solitos (The next time you guys can make them on your own).
Chilaquiles are stress-free, easy, and an appetizing dish you can make for any time of the day. Chilaquiles start with a base of fried corn tortilla pieces and are topped in numerous ways. These chilaquiles have an incredibly easy warm tomato jalapeño salsa mixed in then they get topped off with eggs, cilantro, sour cream, AND queso fresco. There is nothing missing here! Forget the microwave….LET’S GET COOKING!!!!
COOKING = CLEAN UP = Palmolive® Fusion Clean™
Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ makes the cleanup effort a breeze! It is specially formulated for tough cleaning challenges (aka…oil coated pans) and even dissolves and loosens 24-hour stuck on food. EVEN BETTER…..HERE is a TIP/HACK: Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ even removes oil stains on clothing! (Gently place a small amount of Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ on the oil stain and rub it in. Let the clothing sit for a few hours, then wash as usual. DONE! CLEAN! YESSSSSS!!!!) So NOW you can get cooking in the kitchen and not have a single worry about getting the dishes OR your clothing clean!
LESS time cleaning = MORE time with your family!
Knowing we have Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ to help with the clean up allows us all to let loose in the kitchen and have fun experiencing and cooking new things. Learning to make chilaquiles was one of the very first things my brother and I learned to cook. The memory of my papa (dad) showing us how to cook them makes them that much more special. What was one of your first cooking attempts? Who do you learn to cook from?
- 3 large roma tomatoes
- 1 medium jalapeño, stem removed
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. oil
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- ½ c. diced yellow onion
- 4 eggs
- Diced Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Crumbled Queso Fresco
- To make the warm tomato jalapeño salsa: Place the roma tomatoes and the jalapeño in a small pot. Cover with water and place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Boil until the tomatoes are fork tender, approximately 10 minutes. Gently remove the skins from the tomatoes. Place the cooked peeled tomatoes and jalapeño, garlic clove, and salt in a blender. Pulse until all the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
- To make the chilaquiles: In a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Add the corn tortilla wedges and fry until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy approximately 7 minutes. Drain the oil. Add the diced onion and cook for 2 minutes or until the onion begins to soften and being careful not to burn the tortilla wedges. Add in the warm tomato jalapeño salsa and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Cook the eggs to your liking (fried, over hard, over easy, scrambled, etc) and place over the chilaquiles.
- Serve the chilaquiles topped with diced cilantro, sour cream, and crumbled queso fresco.
You can find Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ Baking Soda & Lime Dish Liquid AND Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ Baking Soda & Grapefruit Dish Liquid at your local Walmart in the dish detergent isle. BONUS: From 4/10 until 4/23 there is a digital coupon for $0.25 off any Palmolive product!