This recipe for Cheesy Chicken Mexican Pizza makes for a hearty and fun meal full of a velvety, creamy, and rich cheese sauce, shredded chicken, corn, grated cheese, juicy tomatoes, and green onions then baked to perfection is sure to put a smile on kids and adults alike.
The place I love to be. Right next to her. She moved ever so swiftly across each end of the cocina (kitchen). Watching her was like watching someone dance to a perfectly choreographed set. The measurements were performed in the palm of her mano (hand) or by the pinch of her fingers. Her heart and soul surged into each and every movement. As I watched and learned from her, she made certain I knew my presence in the kitchen was important to her.
Each year on April 30th, Día del Niño, or Day of the Child is a festive holiday celebrated across Mexico and in many Latin American countries to honor and appreciate children. HERDEZ® encourages us to get our kids in the kitchen to celebrate them!
These simple and quick cheesy chicken Mexican pizzas are a fun way to encourage your children to help you in the cocina (kitchen). The velvety, creamy, and rich cheese sauce is made with a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, and HERDEZ® salsa. Your kids will enjoy spreading this on a tasty chewy flour tortilla then topping them with shredded chicken, corn, tomatoes, grated cheese and green onions. The fun doesn’t have to stop there…feel free to let them add their other favorite ingredients such as beans or olives. The possibilities are truly endless. These pizzas are sure to spike the attention of any and all children and adults alike!
– Grand Prize: 2 cooking classes for 2 (parent & child) plus $1000
– 2nd Place: 1 cooking classes for 2 (parent & child) plus $300
– 3rd Place: Child cooking gift basket
– Weekly prizes/honorable mentions: Child size Día del Niño apron.
Being in the cocina (kitchen) with my welita is something I always and still look forward to. Nowadays, my boys are continuously encouraged to join me in the cocina (kitchen) to continue on with this much important tradition. Do you cook with your kids? What are some of their favorite pizza toppings?
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 c. HERDEZ® Salsa Casera
- ¼ c. sour cream
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ c. colby-jack cheese, grated
- 2 c. cooked shredded chicken
- ½ c. corn, fresh or thawed kernels
- ¾ c. tomato, diced
- ¼ c. green onions, diced
- Chopped Cilantro
- Diced Avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese, salsa, sour cream, garlic powder, ground cumin, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Arrange the flour tortillas on a large cookie sheet. Spread approximately ¼ cup cheesy sauce on each tortilla. Top with cheese, shredded chicken, corn, tomato, and diced green onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Garnish pizza’s with chopped cilantro and diced avocado.
- Serve immediately.
Love this recipe? Make sure you check out the HERDEZ® website to find more amazing recipes to encourage your children to get cooking in the kitchen!